This cable penetrator is a simple solution to waterproofing your robot. It’s basically a bolt with a hole that the thruster cable can be glued into to provide a waterproof connection through water-tight enclosures, boxes, panels, etc. This 4-5mm size is intended for smaller cables like the [placeholder-163-295] used on the Lumen and Newton Subsea Gripper.
We primarily recommend the WetLink Thixotropic Potting Compound, which can be applied in one step and provides a depth rating up to 300 meters. Alternatively, we recommend the WetLink Thixotropic 80A Potting Compound to complete assembly.
- Anodized aluminum construction for corrosion resistance and high strength.
- Captive O-ring face seal that works on any smooth surface.
- Wrench flats for easy tightening.
- Multiple inner diameters to secure the cable jacket but leave room for potting compound.
- Works for cables smaller than 5mm as well.